It’s the final week of the semester break before uni starts up again for the semester on Monday. I’m looking forward to finishing up this semester as that would mean that I’ve only got the research units left next year.
I’m setting myself the goal to get good grades again for this semester – at least 2 credits or higher. I’m not aiming to be the top student or anything, but I guess to make my learning time semi enjoyable & worth the time, money & effort. The 2 units I’ve got this semester aren’t my favourite & the assessment format & lecturers are probably the worst combo I’ve got. I’m hoping to get out of this relatively unscathed & still sane.
Another piece of news is that I’ve been accepted into the job pool that I’ve applied for twice but failed the one time. This time I’ve been accepted & hopefully should get an offer soon. Am hoping it’s sooner rather than later as I’ve just about had it with my job & the current pay I’m on. I’ve been told by my colleagues & boss to apply for the Summer Vac Program, which I will, just so that I’ve got back up plans. Problem is, if I’m accepted into it, I’ve got 12 weeks of work, possibly an offer for the Grad program which starts in 2017 but no guarantee anything might happen & I might lose my current job. I’ve got many second thoughts about it, but worth applying than not knowing what could have happened.
I’m making the most of my last few days before uni by watching as much TV as I can get my hands on & watching lots of cooking programs. What can I say, I am food obsessed!
It certainly has been quite a while since I last blogged, I’ve been making the most of my down time from uni with watching heaps of TV & giving my mind a bit of a break. Lord knows that I needed some rest from thinking after work, plus I got sick a couple of times during the break & I’ve just needed time away. I’ve had a bit of a break & gave my head some space to rest & relax. It has been a good time away, but I’m rearing to get back to the blogging bandwagon & my side project.
There are a few goals that I’ve managed to work on from May (here). I’ve gotten a quote to get my TV fixed ($25/15 min blocks) & I will get the parentals to send it off when they swing past the Samsung place. I’ve barely made progress on the secret project, but will be jumping back on again now that I’m back online a bit more. I’ve also ended the semester on a high – getting a 66 & 81 for the 2 units that I took last semester. I’ve also re-enrolled for next semesters units, so am good to go on that front too. I didn’t achieve my May goal of blogging too much, but I’ll take what I can get 🙂
My goals for July 2015 are:
- Spend at least 2 hours per week doing stuff related to the secret project.
- Clean up my chest of drawers – organise all the clothes in it & create an op shop/sell pile. I’m partially done with this, but I’m putting it here so that I can say I’ve completed it.
- Clean up the spare table in my room – put away all my documents. I’ve got a pile of documents sitting on my desk & it’s not a pretty sight.
- Get rid of some clutter in my room. I’ve got too many things stashed in my room as it’s my only storage place in my house & it’s bothering me that everything is still in boxes since I first moved out of my first place in Perth in 2009. There’s lots of things that need to go.
- Clean up my cosmetics/makeup/toiletries. I think this one might be a task to be stretched over 2 months, but I’ll add it here.
5 goals seems doable in the next 3 weeks or so & I’m challenging myself to really get off my butt to get some stuff done. I haven’t put anything on the blogging front yet, just cause I’m trying to enjoy my time off uni till August & I want to continue getting my head into the right space to be able to hit the rest of the year off. There’s not long left to the year & it’s starting to get to me as I turn the big 3-0 in January & am starting to really do lots of reflecting & soul searching in terms of what I want in life. Big stuff. Watch this space.